Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 5, N Seoul Tower.

Mom and I journeyed to N Seoul Tower (Namsan Tower) today. 

This time, we ran into transportation difficulties! 

You could take an express bus or a cable car to the tower after getting off the subway. 

Well, we made it to the correct subway exit...but we could not find the bus stop! Then, once we found the bus stop (15 minutes later), we never saw any busses that said "express" or had the right number on them! We finally gave up and ended up walking to the cable car station. It was much more expensive to take the cable car, but we were too frustrated and tired to care. Plus, we had already lost a lot of time! 

Views from the cable car. 


The cable car took us to the base of the tower. This area was pretty neat in and of itself. Look at this beautiful gazebo-like structure!


This tower is famous for its "locks of love." Tens of thousands of people have bought padlocks, engraved/written on them, and locked them at different places around the base of the tower. These locks symbolize "forever love" and people take the keys home with them. Mom made one for Dad, and I made one for my Turning Pointe dance students and friends!

Unfortunately, I did not think to take pictures of the locks before the sun went down. Oh well. 

I seriously thought these were Christmas trees at first. Nope! "Padlock trees," I suppose.




People can also leave "love tiles" inside of the tower. 


The panoramic view of Seoul from the top of the tower was amazing! Even better, we got to see the cityscape change from daytime to nighttime. 


In addition, this tower features Seoul's highest post office... (We mailed postcards from here. So fun!)



...and Seoul's highest restroom!


Hey, I was born here!

No comments:

Post a Comment