We went in search of an American breakfast (pancakes, omelets, etc.) cafe today. I found a recommended one online and took screenshots of how to get there.
Unfortunately, the directions were COMPLETELY wrong!
We wandered around for awhile, but all we could find were donut and coffee shops. We finally ate an approximately $14.00 cheese pizza just because we were starving. It was not that good.
I am definitely becoming irritated with my inability to find restaurants over here. Most restaurants are in basements or on upper floors, and I cannot read signs. To top it off, I can rarely find street signs/address numbers, and I do not have data on my phone for Googling restaurants or accessing maps. It really sucks to "settle" for food from places like Burger King simply because I cannot find anything better.
Sigh. Anyway.
We headed to a cat cafe next! This was an absolute "must do" thing on our list while visiting Korea.
Thankfully, we found the cat cafe with little difficulty!
Notice that it is on the fourth floor of this building. I had to look up to find the sign!
The giant lint rollers provided in the entryway cracked me up!
Once inside, we paid an admission of about $8.00 each and chose a free coffee, soda, or juice. We then got to hang out with the kitties! They were all over us before we even sat down. We had to put our bags in some under seat storage, so they were trying to go inside the cabinets, of course. They were also climbing into our laps and jumping up on the table to explore our drinks. You can tell they know the drill on how to get attention from cafe patrons!
These were my first two lap buddies.
The cat cafe had a pretty awesome layout. There was a whole wall of "houses" and plenty of shelves, perches, and scratching posts located around the room. The cats also had a water fountain in addition to their food dispensers.
It was strange realizing that these cats only understood Korean. Saying "kitty, kitty" did not work in getting them to come over to you! Then again, they may have just been being typical stubborn cats! Cats definitely do what they want to do AND only when they want to do it!
Of course, cats in any culture still meow, purr, hiss, fight over attention, and help people by sitting in front of their drinks or on their books!







No comments:
Post a Comment